1. ALEC: The contractor boasts a $2.7bn UAE pipeline, which includes two Expo 2020 Dubai projects, and Emaar's Dubai Hills Mall.
2. China State Construction and Engineering Corporation Middle East: The company is involved in various projects, such as a $2bn (AED8bn) masterplan for Union Properties' flagship Motor City community.
3. Arabtec Group | Depa Holding: The regional construction giant's portfolio of ongoing projects includes Abu Dhabi's Midfield Terminal Project (pictured), Bahrain International Airport, and Jordan's Saraya Aqaba.
4. ASGC Construction: The company is engaged as the main contractor for the Six Flags Dubai theme park, and Mohammed Bin Rashid Library.
5. TAV Group: It was a busy year in Tav's core market of aviation, with the company working on the development of Muscat International Airport and a hotel project for the Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Medina, Saudi Arabia.
6. Consolidated Contractors Company (CCC): The company that describes itself as the largest construction firm in the Middle East is working on Lines 1 and 2 of the Riyadh Metro, as well as Abu Dhabi International Airport's Midfield Terminal Building.
7. Arabian Construction Company: Energy projects comprise a strong part of Arabian COnstruction COmpany's pipeline of ongoing projects, with the company engaged as the main contractor for the Barakah Nuclear Power Plant and Al Dabb'iya Surface Facilities for Adco, a unit of the Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
8. Emaar Properties: Real estate projects in Emaar's pipeline include the Dubai Creek Tower, Emaar Beachfront (pictured), and Creek Horizon.
9. Khansaheb: In its role as main contractor this year, Khansaheb will work on Ajman City Centre expansion and refurbishment, and Coffee Zone at Dubai International Financial Centre. In the past 12 month, the UAE-based civil engineering firm completed the 249-unit Serenia Residences on the Palm Jumeirah.
10. BAM International: Phases 1 and 2 of the Saqr Port expansion in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE, are among the projects BAM International will be involved with in the next 12 months. It will also be involved in the Museum of the Future, which is due to open in 2019.