Get ready to thrash your guitars and head bang like never before because Hotelier Middle East Awards 2019 are back and nominations are now open for our ‘Everyone’s a Rock Star’ theme.
The Hotelier Middle East Awards 2019 has taken inspiration from the energy of the rock industry, to promise hoteliers a night of entertainment, tastes and sounds of rock and roll culture. The Hotelier Middle East team encourages guests to embrace the event, by dressing to impress as your favourite rock icon, ready to dance the night away. This rock star inspired evening promises to be make everyone feel like a rock star!
Running for its 15th year, the Hotelier Middle East awards is an opportunity for the hospitality sector to be recognised for their efforts across the year through a range of accolades.
For this year, we have 18 categories, 16 of which are for individual nominations covering a range of roles such as housekeeping, GMs and sales & marketing directors.
The event is set to take place on the 23rd October 2019, with the location set to be announced imminently.
How to nominate
Here is our step-by-step guide to help you through the nomination process:
1. All hotels in the Middle East are eligible to nominate team members for the Hotelier Middle East Awards. The awards are open to four-star and five-star hotels and luxury apartments.
2. Nominations must be made by a hotel representative on behalf of a member of staff of their hotel. Hotelier Middle East recommends that nominations be approved by the PR / Marketing team and / or the General Manager’s office before they are submitted.
3. Hotels are allowed to nominate people in as many categories as they wish. Each nomination must be made separately though.
4. Please ensure that each nomination includes relevant and up to date information on achievements over the past 12-18 months (April 2018 – July 2019).
5. All nominations must be submitted online here. Nominations submitted in any other format will be disregarded.
All nominations must be submitted by Wednesday, 31st July 2019
Writing the nomination
The online nomination submission form is split into four sections:
- Who are you nominating? Contact information for the nominee.
- Why should this person win the award? Reasons for why the nominee should win; please note there are five questions to answer.
- How can we get in touch with you? Contact information for the nominator.
- Photograph submission — please submit your nominee image with the online nomination. Make sure it’s a high quality resolution as it would be used on all presentation and print purposes.
Who can enter?
Nominations are open to all four-star and five-star hotels and luxury apartments across the Middle East and Africa.
What happens next?
When all the nominations have been received, the Hotelier Middle East team will compile firstly a shortlist of nominees (up to eight per category), which will be presented to the independent panel of judges. The judges will then meet to discuss the shortlist and decide upon the winners.
• Fitness/Spa Person of the Year
• Concierge/Guest Services Person of the Year
• Housekeeper of the Year
• IT Person of the Year
• Hotel Engineer of the Year
• Safety & Security Person of the Year
• HR & Training Person of the Year
• Procurement Person of the Year
• Finance Person of the Year
• Sales Person of the Year
• Marketing & PR Person of the Year
• Executive Chef of the Year
• F&B Manager of the Year
• Young Hotelier of the Year
• Unsung Hero of the Year
• GM of the Year
• Hotel Team of the Year
• Mid-Market Hotel Team of the Year