The airport is expected to record more that 16 million tourists in July and August this year.To ensure that the high volume of traffic does not affect customers, the airport has issued these guidelines.
• Be sure to check which airport and terminal you are departing from/arriving into beforehand. Passengers can confirm with their airline, check the airport or even use Dubai Airports’ smartphone app.
• Arrive early to the airport. It is best to leave a minimum of three hours for check-in and passport control. Take into consideration daily rush hours and available routes in calculating your commuting time to the airport.
• Leave extra time for your journey to the airport as the roads can be very busy during holiday season.
• Check with the airline in advance for information on your baggage allowance. Irrespective of the allowance, a single unit of baggage weighing more than 32kgs will not be accepted at check-in. You should expect to be charged for baggage more than the limit set by your respective airline.
• It is always simpler to pack liquids, aerosols and gels (LAGs) in your check-in baggage. However, if you must carry LAGs in your hand luggage, make sure they are in a clear re-sealable plastic bag. Each item should not be more than 100ml and the total content of all items should not be more than one litre.
• Beat the queues by checking-in online. Customers with baggage can make use of the quick-baggage drop counters, while those carrying only hand luggage can proceed directly to Immigration.
• Remember to put anything metal – watch, jewellery, mobile phone, coins, belt – into your hand luggage well before you arrive at the X-ray machine. This will save time at security screening.
• Eligible visitors (nationals of countries that get visa on arrival) and UAE residents (Emirates ID card) can use smart gates to avoid queuing at passport control, both while arriving and on departure.
• Guests can choose DXB’s ‘Wake Up at the Gate package’, that allows a family of four to check in at Terminal 3 for their flight up to 12 hours before, get through security and head into departures starting their holiday in completely stress-free way.