Lobo, who supports sustainability initiatives had opted for paperless solutions and uses recyclable cartridges, started her career as a computer coordinator.But what really impressed the judges was her use of technology to create a resilient environment that can cater to future developments.
“As an IT Person, one needs to understand that technology is changing so we need to make sure that we are aware of the new technologies that are coming in the market. It also is very important that one has a strong love for hotels and their job,” Lobo told Hotelier Middle East, when asked what makes for a good IT personnel.“I’m so happy, I can’t believe that I won, this really means a lot to me,” she added.
The Highly Commended nominee in this category was Mohammad Qattash from Grand Plaza Mövenpick Media City, Dubai.Here’s the full shortlist of the finalists who made the judging process very tough.
• Abdul Baseer Mohammed, InterContinental Jeddah
• Amer Farfour, Madinat Jumeirah, Dubai
• Haitham Natour, InterContinental Hotels at Dubai Festival City
• Jaison Sebastian, Radisson Blu Hotel, Dubai Media City
• Jamal Mustafa,Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort & Spa/ Al Maha, A Luxury Collection Desert Resort & Spa
• Mahmood Uddin Ahmed, Media One Hotel, Dubai
• Mehmet Akdeniz, Emirates Palace Hotel, Abu Dhabi
• Syed Taha Mustafa, InterContinental Riyadh