Oman signs exploration and production agreement with Total and PTTEP

Oman signs exploration and production agreement with Total and PTTEP
Published: 24 February 2020 - 7 a.m.
By: Carla Sertin

The Ministry of Oil in Oman signed an exploration and production agreement with a joint venture between Total E&P and PTTEP.

The deal allows the joint venture to explore and develop non-associated gas in onshore Block 12, with an area of 9,546 sqkm in central Oman.

Total E&P will hold an 80% interest in the block, and will be the operator, while Thailand's PTTEP will hold the remaining 20% interest.

In April 2019, Total signed a heads of agreement with Oman for Block 12, indicating that it has "significant prospective gas resources."


Click here to add your comment

Please add your comment below
Name
Country
Email
Your email address will not be published
Captcha