Dubai's Habtoor Leighton Group (HLG) has been awarded a contract worth $7.2m (AED263m) for the construction of Khalifa Industrial Zone (Kizad)'s Area A Secondary Infrastructure (Phase 1B) by Abu Dhabi Ports.
HLG will work on the project in Abu Dhabi, where it operates as Leighton Contracting Abu Dhabi.
Project area spans 5,200ha (52 sq km), where HLG's project scope includes the construction of the following infrastructure:
- road network (dual and single) and associated traffic signals, streetlights and signage
- sewerage network and associated pumping stations
- storm network and associated pumping stations
- potable water network and associated fire hydrants
- process water network
- telecom network (containment only)
- LV and MV network and associated 11KV substations
- The methodology will include extensive dewatering, excavation, pipe-laying and road construction works
The project will commence in July 2015 and is scheduled for completion in March 2017.
"This new award is a great achievement that proves the Group remains a preferred contractor for clients to whom HLG has demonstrated its ability to deliver complex and high quality projects," José A. López-Monís, HLG's managing director and CEO, commented.