OOC, Gulf Energy Development Public Company to work on gas and water project in Duqm

OOC, Gulf Energy Development Public Company to work on gas and water project in Duqm
Published: 18 September 2018 - 4:45 a.m.
By: Baset Asaba

Oman Oil Company (OOC) has secured a partnership agreement with Gulf Energy Development Public Company to develop a gas-fired power and water project at the Special Economic Zone (SEZ) in Duqm.

The proposed Duqm independent water and power project (IWPP) will have a power generation capacity of 326MW and a desalination capacity of 8 million imperial gallons a day (MIGD). The project will require a total investment of $483mn, reported MEED.

OOC subsidiaries will hold a 55% equity interest in the plant, with the Thai utility holding the remaining 45%.

Representing OOC’s interests in the project company are the Centralised Utilities Company (Marafiq) and Oman Oil Facilities Development Company (OOFDC), holding stakes in the project company of 51.1% and 3.9% respectively.

The offtaker for the produced utilities will be the Duqm refinery, which is being developed for a total cost of about $7bn, reported MEED.

OOC is a 50% shareholder in the 230,000 barrels-a-day refinery, with Kuwait Petroleum International (KPI) holding the other 50 per cent.


Click here to add your comment

Please add your comment below
Name
Country
Email
Your email address will not be published
Captcha