Middle East and Africa solar technology tenders in Q3 2019 saw 27 tenders announced, marking a drop of 13% over the last four-quarter average of 31, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
The proportion of solar technology tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Project Implementation with 20 tenders and a 74.1% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: six tenders and a 22.2% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: one tender and a 3.7% share.
Mozambique tops Middle East and Africa solar power tenders activity
Mozambique was the top country in the Middle East and Africa region for solar technology tenders recorded in Q3 2019 with three tenders and an 11.1% share, followed by Syrian Arab Republic with three tenders and an 11.1% share and the United Arab Emirates with two tenders and a 7.4% share.
Middle East and Africa solar technology tenders in Q3 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved in Middle East and Africa were:
- Emirates Water and Electricity (United Arab Emirates): 2,000MW from one tender
- Oman Power and Water Procurement (Oman): 1,000MW from one tender
- Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe: 286.7MW capacity from one tender.