Hydro technology tenders activity in Q3 2019 saw 46 tenders announced, marking a drop of 63% over the last four-quarter average of 125, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
Looking at global power tenders activity divided by the type of technology, hydro held the third position in terms of number of tenders during Q3 2019 with a 5.6% share.
The proportion of tenders by category in the Hydro technology tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Supply & Erection: 19 tenders and a 41.3% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: 12 tenders and a 26.1% share
- Project Implementation: six tenders and a 13% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: six tenders and a 13% share
- Power Purchase Agreement: three tenders and a 6.5% share.
- Asia-Pacific leads hydro tenders activity in Q3 2019
Comparing tenders activity in hydro technology in different regions of the globe, Asia-Pacific held the top position with 33 tenders and a share of 71.7% during Q3 2019, followed by Middle East and Africa with seven tenders and a 15.2% share and North America with four tenders and an 8.7% share.
In fourth place was South and Central America with one tender and a 2.2% share and in fifth place was Europe with one tender and a 2.2% share.
Hydro technology tenders in Q3 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders in Hydro technology for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved were:
- Infrastructure Development Bank of Zimbabwe: 286.7MW from one tender
- Jammu & Kashmir Power Development Department (India): 12MW from one tender
- Rural and Renewable Energy Agency (Liberia): 2.5MW capacity from one tender.