Asia-Pacific hydro technology tenders in Q3 2019 saw 33 tenders announced, marking a drop of 57% over the last four-quarter average of 77, according to GlobalData’s power industry tenders database.
The proportion of hydro technology tenders by category tracked by GlobalData in the quarter was as follows:
- Supply & Erection with 15 tenders and a 45.5% share
- Repair, Maintenance, Upgrade & Others: ten tenders and a 30.3% share
- Consulting & Similar Services: five tenders and a 15.2% share
- Project Implementation: three tenders and a 9.1% share.
India tops Asia-Pacific hydro power tenders activity
India was the top country in the Asia-Pacific region for hydro technology tenders recorded in Q3 2019 with 15 tenders and a 45.5% share, followed by Pakistan with seven tenders and a 21.2% share and the Philippines with six tenders and an 18.2% share.
Asia-Pacific hydro technology tenders in Q3 2019: Top companies by capacity
The top issuers of tenders for the quarter in terms of power capacity involved in Asia-Pacific were:
- Jammu & Kashmir Power Development Department (India): 12MW from one tender
- United Nations Development Programme (United States): 0.4MW from one tender.